Tuesday, June 05, 2007

So, it's been a while since I've posted last. We have been dealing with some dissapointing things lately and I haven't been in the mood to relive it through writing. Everything was going fine with our condo and the new build, I had everything all packed and 90% of it moved into storage or at my parent's house, we were all ready to sign off the condo and then we find out that the buyer's loan fell through. I couldn't believe it. I kept hoping it was all a big mistake and they mixed files or something, but alas it was true. So, our dreams of everything working out perfectly were dashed. Things aren't looking so good yet. We got an offer that day the loan fell through, but it was considerably low and even if we took it we couldn't afford to get the other house. So, we are trying to work with our builder to see if they can do anything for us and then we are hoping the right buyer comes along and wants to move in like in three weeks. It's a long shot, but I guess we need to have faith that things will work out for the best even if it means not getting this house. It's really sad because I actually started to get attached to it and was picking out paint colors and furniture, but I'll have to put a hold on that.

Josh has had the last couple of days off so we have been trying to make the best of them by getting out of the house. Yesterday we went to Rancho Sahuarita, way far away, just to look at model homes for fun. They had a huge water park and a bunch of smaller parks. We stopped by one park and they had some neet equipment. Sydney loved it. I actually went on a few slides myself. Any excuse to act like a kid again. It sure is getting hot here though. I am thankful for air conditioning. Later that day we went to Josh's parents and Josh and Sydney swam in the pool. I just bought a new swimsuit for her that was a little small even though it's a size 2T! She looked so cute though. I have tons of photos.

Today we decided to take Sydney to the zoo. It is small here, but I really like how it's laid out and there is ample shade, which is necessary for Tucson. Sydney seemed to have fun. She doesn't do so good in the mornings before her nap, so she gets a little grouchy, but luckily they sell popcorn at the zoo and that kept her good the rest of the time.

Well, hopefully we will get some good news soon about our home situation. Our new house is just about complete. They landscaped the front yard, so all they really have left it the flooring and the upper cabinets. Hopefully they still belong to us because I really love the cabinets.

1. This is one of the reasons I love Tucson. The incredible scenery and wildlife here.

2. This cactus was huge!
3. Look at that big girl.
4. So, this is her new thing. Sticking her tongue out.

5. I can't believe how old she looks in this photo and I swear I see some Josh in her.

6. Such a serious girl sometimes.
7. There's that tongue again.
8. Cute swimsuit, but only a one time summer deal.
9. Posing with some animals.
10. Protesting this whole animal photo thing.


11. There's that tongue again.

12, So, are my days of pushing Sydney in a stroller over?
13. Watching the giraffes.
14. Cute shot of her walking. Hard to believe she just started walking a month ago.

15. Looking for the polar bear or wishing she could go swimming.

3 Comments:

Blogger cluffgirl said...

Sydney is such a big girl! It seems like just the other day I was visiting you in the hospital when you had her. My how things have changed! Now she is a toddler and I'm having a baby! How did the time go by so fast?!? Im really sorry about your guy's place, I know it's gotta be incredibly frustrating. But dont worry, you guy's have enough faith to get you through this. I know everything will work out for you, dont give up just yet. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Love Ya!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Aaron, Vicki Tunell said...

Renee, so sorry!! I was so happy that everything was working out for you! Wish I could help in some way. We've sure been missing you, wishing we could get Owen and Sydney together for some play dates. Sydney's growing up so much, and looks so cute. Wish we could see you!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Teancum and Brooke said...

Hello Renee! It's Brooke Clark I don't know if you remember me. We used to hang out with you and Josh and Vickie and Aaron when we lived in the Desert Links Apartments. My sister told me about the richins family website, (she has a friend with the last name of richins and she came across the website) I got on to find out about Becky and came across your blog! Looks like things are going well for you and Josh and your sweet little girl! We are in Tennessee for the summer Teancum has a summer job here and we have been living in Utah since 2005! We had a little boy in January! I would love to catch up on things! email me when you get a chance teancumandbrooke@yahoo.com Bye!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home