Thursday, April 12, 2007


Boy, how come when bad things happen they come all at once? I have been trying to keep it together, but sometimes it just gets to be too much. I keep thinking to myself, there are people who are having worse problems than you, but to me my problems are very real and painful.
Anyway, Sydney and I went up to St. George, UT this past weekend for my great-grandma's funeral. It was hard and not because it was for a funeral, but because I went up without Josh and Sydney was so hard. She just clung to me the whole time and cried if I moved away from her. It was so hard.
The funeral was nice, I missed most of the service because I had to take Sydney out as she was throwing a tantrum as the service started. My Grandma was a wonderful woman. She endured to the end. She suffered a lot of pain, but she is so much happier now. I looked at her face and could see that she was at peace and with her family.
On Easter Sunday we had to head back home and I was feeling kind of nauseous. About 30 minutes into the drive I felt so sick and made my dad pull over. I ended up throwing up in the car. I had the flu and had 10 more hours in the car to go. I was so determined to get home though so we continued, chills and all. About two hours left to go until home and Sydney started vomiting, several times. I had to hold her hand the rest of the way. She is still throwing up five days later. I felt better after three days. It is the absolute worst when she gets sick. I would take any sickness in order to keep her from getting sick. She won't eat and can't keep her milk down and it's a battle to get her to drink anything else. Get better Sydney.
The day after I found out my Grandma passed away, my mom called and said my other Great-Grandma had a stroke and it wasn't looking good for her. She was paralyzed on one side, her throat was paralyzed, causing pneumonia. She passed away two days ago. I was prepared for my other grandma to go, but not Grandma Gummy bear. We used to call her that because she always carried these giant purses with candy in them. There were always gummy bears in her purse. Not just a few, but a whole box of them. I have so many wonderful memories of her. It's hard to accept that she is not here anymore. It doesn't seem real. She was such a sweet, but sassy person. She would always brag about how people couldn't believe she had a 25 year old great granddaughter or a great great granddaughter. When we lived in California my grandparents would come out and visit us and take us to Disneyland. Mind you they were in their 70's riding on these rides with their great grand kids. They loved it. I visited them many times and Grandma would always make me feel special. She'd take me shopping to buy some new shoes or a new shirt. We'd go to the pool and sit out in the sun with our books and sip soda and eat cheese puffs. It was so fun. When I was younger she'd even take me mini golfing and to the arcades. She loved all of her grand kids. She only met Sydney a couple of times, but thought she was the best baby ever. I wish I could have gone to see her once more. I was planning on coming up in a couple of weeks to visit. I'll sure miss her.
So, my other stress is this condo. we just can't seem to finish it. Josh worked so hard on it while I was gone, but since I came home sick we haven't been able to do much. We really really need to sell this. Our house being built is moving way too fast. The other thing I'm worried about is I received an email from my supervisor at work saying they are changing the job I am doing at home to working at the school everyday, so I no longer will have a job. We were counting on my income in order to help with this new house. I feel upset about this. I worked so hard on this job and went above and beyond with it and now they change things around so that I can't have a job.
Anyway, I feel a little better about writing this all down. Maybe now I'll stop complaining and move on. I am putting some pics up here since I can't figure out the Richins website.


Blogger Vicki & Aaron said...


So sorry to hear about your hard week!! I wish I were there to help you out. I'm glad to see your pictures of Sydney and of your family. Hope you are both feeling better, and I'm sorry about your Grandmas. Say hi to Josh, and give Sydney hugs and kisses from me and Owen!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home